Most Saturdays Laura is up early excited to start the day. I find myself on Friday night trying to down play the weekends activities. I am hopeing that I can convice Laura to sleep late, so I can sleep late. She is excited to see her Mommie and Scott. Tom and I have to keep her enteratained. Today Tom took her out to run some errands and have lunch while I cleaned the house. When they came home her insulin pump needed to be changed, she needed her medicines and help getting cleaned up to go back out again. Laura has to wait all day for them to come, because Scott works during the day at Stewarts, he gets out about 2pm, they usually pick her up at 3pm. Many weeks they end up not showing up and then she is disappointed. Laura gets upset and may say something about it later. I often know she is upset and then I have to come up with something for her to do to fill the void. The last time we baked brownies and played the Wii. I can change her thought process but only temporarily. She will ask about them again later in the week, tell me she loves them and misses them. She seems worried that they won't come back again. It is a sad situation for her to live with. For years she did not see her Mom more than a few times a year, Laura did not ask about her at all then. Now that we are back to having fairly regular visits, it is hard for her to wait for each visit not knowing bugs her. Laura is a creature of habit, she does not like change at all, so when they decide at the last minute they can't come it is tough on her.
I really think she is just happy to see Scott. Her Mom has many issues of her own, she walks in the door barely speaks to Laura and spends the first 10 minutes of the visit telling us some story about being sick or someone else who is sick. She can go on and on about an issue. This evening when she returned Laura home to me she repeatedly told me that Laura was complaining about her face. Whe she left and I asked Laura what was wrong I could not find anything wrong and there were no complaints. Its like she had nothing better to talk about, I would prefer she just shut up, kiss her good bye and leave gracefully. That is not how it goes, she gets Laura into her PJs and then they stand at the door and talk to Tom or I for at least 1/2 hour each time, ugh!
The one thing I like about there visits is Tom and I actually get a few hours to ourselves. The house is ours, no sitter, no vistors and no responsability until she returns. We act like honeymooners for a few minutes, maybe go out for dinner, shop a little or just stay home and relax. Thoose few short hours feel good. But I am always happy to have our little girl back at the end of the day. So now Laura and I visit, share a snack and then I put her to bed. So Good night everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment