Well I got an e mail this evening that tells me that Aunt Mary is coming very close to the end of her life. I just thought it would be nice to honor her with a few of my thoghts about her.
As a child when she gave me a gift she was very thoughtful, she somehow knew exactly what I liked without asking. Like the year she gave me the pretzel machine, I truly loved it. I spent hours creating differant flavored pretzels watching them ride thru the oven, soo cool! And she gave me my first album Donny Osmond, that must have been sixth grade.
Her and Uncle Jim were an awesome couple they both had an awesome sense of humor and could almost always get me to laugh. She was a loving but stern Mom. In our house we got away with lots of drinking even marijuana use but not at Aunt Mary's house. While I was in high school her niece Elaine came to live with her, I was a year yonger so we were hooked up as friends. We got along well and I was always getting Elaine into trouble.
She is an awesome cook, made the best cheesecake, I remember asking her for the recipe and she said to me it was the same recipe my mother used, she said she got the recipe from her, I was shocked because hers was so much better than Mom's. Shh don't let her know I said that. Her stuffed artichokes are soft and moist, they melt in your mouth and her spaghetti sauce is simple and yummy always. The things she prepares are filled with slow methodical love.
As an adult our times together have been sporadic, I tried going to her church for awhile. And then my cousin Melissa moved in with me, so I saw lots of them then. Times change lots and I our visits sometimes became rare. Although they were not often they were always good times for me. She once told me that she liked me best because I was not afraid to speak my mind. The funny thing is I feel the same about her. If she has something on her mind she says it even when the truth hurts. It has been tough medicine but at times exactly waht I needed to hear.
She will be missed by many. Her children have all stayed very close to her. They have had a tradition for many years of having coffee every Saturday night. So as she slowly leaves us to go home to her woderful loving husband and all of her loved ones that left her first. I know she is surrounded by love, I have prayed for sometime now that you have a peaceful painfree passing. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment