Sunday, November 21, 2010

Our new family!

Today was a great day for all of us. Laura had us up early, maybe she knew something that we did not know. We left the house at 10am to meet our friends at Church, there son Jeff is the preacher at the Ephratah Reformed Church. I do not know why it is, but I have never walked into any church that made me feel as though I was home. I really think it is because we had met so many of the church members in the woods. while we were camping with Karen and Jim. Jeff is a powerful speaker, when I listen to him I completely understand his message and am able to relate to it. For such a young Pastor he has a wealth of information to offer, awesome!

After church we went to Karen and Jim's for dinner, Tom made his special spachilli as a treat, Karen made a salad and brownies and it was a meal. Karen's Mom and Dad were with us and even though he is also a Pastor, feel very comfortable around him, maybe to comfortable. Jim and Karen also have a handicapped daughter, so we relate on the same level with each other. When I meet friends of there, I often find I have something in common with them as well, to me it is uncanny how well we are suited to this new found friendship. For years I had friends that I had things in common with but never have I had a friend that I felt so connected to. And Tom feels the same way about Jim, as I do about Karen. Ahh heck, even Karena and Laura are best of buddies. There house is the only house we have ever been to that Laura just wanders around as if she were at home. The biggest problem is once we are there, the time passes to quickly and we have to make ourselves leave. That is a good feeling!

1 comment:

  1. I should be doing office paperwork right now, but since I can now post a comment, your blog compels me to continue reading and post :)

    The threads of friendship are so finely woven with us, and this lifetime quilt is being beautifully made. I loved reading your blog and the thought of a 'friendship quilt' came to mind. Mind you, I don't quilt. I love them and appeciate the effort & talent that goes into making one. But each square is made individually, then pieced together to create this fabulous covering! That's how I see our friendship. We met and our squares in the quilt began; each of us continue to add a square when we meet one another's family/friends; This I know for sure....there is a beautiful quilt in the making :) Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete